Imported material (JPEG) not rendering correctly in raytrace

MBagshaw

Hi folks,

I have struck an odd problem I've never experienced before displaying imported materials correctly using raytrace. I imported a JPEG containing the attachedimage of white marble, and while it shows up fine in all other views (3D camera, for example), in raytrace it shows up as a red/pink colour without any of the marble detail (see attached). In this example I am using the material on a solid that was created using poly line solid then converted to a solid. I have imported lots of other materials including the timber in the background of the attached screenshot and they have always displayed correctly in raytrace until now. It doesn't seem to make any difference how long I leave the raytrace to run (this one was produced after about 90 passes – the advantages of a fast processor!).

Any ideas? Cheers,

post-11160-0-28784200-1478073076_thumb.png

post-11160-0-48084200-1478073126_thumb.jpg

Hi Jon,

The fireplace itself (i.e. the flame, the box and the stainless steel frame around it) was imported from sketch up, but the whole chimney and the marble feature were created as poly line solids in CA then converted into solids.

I tried to attach the plan itself But it is too large (90 MB). Can anybody give me any guidance on what I should be looking for in the plan that is making the file so big? That would also account for the fact that is now taking forever to rebuild the 3D perspectives.

Cheers,

I did not expect it to work perfectly as there are a lot of custom settings you can tweak for Raytracing but I did get rid of that awful purple mess.  Right click on your Library User Catalog and that will bring up the "Define Material" Dialogue (The Tea Party).  Go to the Texture tab and give it a name but don't spell it wrong like I did.  Browse to where you have that .JPG file that you posted.  Set it to "Stretch to Fit" and anything else you would like to play with in Properties and you are all set to put that in your Library when you say OK.  And you can also do a quick Ray Trace test right in the DBX.

post-4797-0-13974300-1478158830_thumb.jpg

post-4797-0-18913000-1478158831_thumb.jpg

• 2 weeks later...