In Scale?

olyconstruction

Hi Chiefs,

I hope this not a misuse of this forum, but I have a PDF here and I would like to know if it is in scale at ARCH D, I would check it out but I just ran out of yellow ink, and now I cant even print black and white until I  replace it. 

An engineer is working on this and he claims it is out of scale, this is my new PDF, and I think I did it right. If anyone can confirm this, they will be added to my list of exceptional humans. 

Thank you so much for the help! :D

AB

BYRONE - APPROVED FOR ESTIMATING - 11-1-16 - ARCH D.pdf

I measured at 1/4 scale in  BlueBeam at enough places to satisfy-attached is marked up in red-ONLY one came out wrong- the deck where it is called out at 30'7 measures 30'6. Everything else measures correctly.

I get the same for that one dimensions after converting to dwg and scaling the drawing up in Turbo Cad.

Edit to add- I also converted to DWG with the same results though didn't check as many. To get to model space in CAD the drawings have to be scaled up ; IF the deck measurement is used to determine how much to scale up then someone would say that the scale is off since that also measures incorrectly in CAD.

• Upvote 1

Alan: The reason the notes are off like that is because I usually publish to 22x34 so I can scale back down to 11x17. The reason I need ARCH Dis because that is the scale my engineer wants to print at. 

William: Thank you for checking it out, I am just curious though why Mark says it is in scale for the most part. According to his mark up that dimensiopn shows 30'

Mark: Thank you very much, your work makes me think I am on the right track. I printed the document 50% on 11x17 and it scaled perfectly, so it should print to scale at arch d as well, just with a larger border.

Perry: I am pretty sure I had it set "to scale" but I am not sure.

This is my new one, this is the one that scales at half. it should just be a 22x34 title block inside an arch D sheet. 

Let me know if it is better or worse if you can, thanks alot for the help, I really do appreciate it very much!  :)

BYRONE - APPROVED FOR ESTIMATING - 11-2-16 -ARCH D.pdf

Measuring it as is in pdf with Bluebeam Revu, at 1/4"=1ft,  I get the same results as before. ONLY the one dimension on the deck is off.

I can't attest to what may happen with printing, but I always print (or in the case of larger stuff have printed) as Perry says, to scale.

post-85-0-06079300-1478120350_thumb.jpg

• Upvote 1

I am not sure what is going on still. I will have my ink sooner than later, and the engineer I am working with said he could work off the scaled 11x17 for now.  It is still concerning though. 

Thanks for printing Mr. Page, I guess that is why you got the name, right? Seriously though I appreciate it. I will just have to see for myself what happens with my plotter. 

Thank you Mark for checking it out with Bluebeam review, I have never used that program before but I think I will check it out, it sounds like it is super handy for checking PDFs.

Yoda, I have the sheet set to ARCH D and I always publish to scale, so I think it has to be something with the plotter settings. Than you for suggestion I do. 

Lew: I started using the border a little while ago when I had to reformat my template to fit on  ANSI D. Right now there is a 2" border because of the offset of ARCH D and ANSI D. Do you know if the Layout border effects the way things are published to PDF, or if it affects printing? I thought it was just for a reference during layout setup. 

I measured at 1/4 scale in  BlueBeam at enough places to satisfy-attached is marked up in red-ONLY one came out wrong- ......

Hi Mark,  as usual,  I am late to the party.....  I just bought BLUEBEAM,  it looks like a great PDF viewer......  I assume you like it a bunch......  do you have any issues with it or would you say that it is the best you have seen to date?

Hi Mark,  as usual,  I am late to the party.....  I just bought BLUEBEAM,  it looks like a great PDF viewer......  I assume you like it a bunch......  do you have any issues with it or would you say that it is the best you have seen to date?

Viewer-printer, markup, measure, fix, resize, hide layers, sign, move copy, take snapshots, insert anything, I could go on-takes a bit to realize just everything it can do for  you. (you may want to look into printing templates for your title 24 stuff?).

I have Revu Standard about 6 years now. Before that used EVERY free pdf printer and utility, had full Ntiro and Foxit and a leftover Adobe Distiller. With BB, I kept maintenance support for the first year to get one upgrade, but don't now. I just pay to upgrade every couple of years, added a second license last year. I can't understand why every professional in the construction industry doesn't spring a few bucks for it. I'm forever trying to get contractors and architects to get it, had one client I was going to buy it for.  (might make more use of "Studio" but I have a basecamp account)

Issues? no annotation sets :) wish Chief supported it with layers and U3D... Chiefs pdf print can produce a slightly smaller file size than what I get with the my settings (but shrinks as need)