Hot Key to Delete

Kduke11

Now that I'm working with CA every day I'm seeing what makes things quicker. Coming from AutoCAD I'd like to be able to select an object in CA and hit "E" to Delete it with out have to have other menu bars come up. Can I assign the Delete to a short key?

LOL Too far away on the keyboard. keep one hand on mouse and other on keyboard. Just faster using "E" to delete/erase. 

Totally get that. Not at the right computer now but can a 'Hot Key' be assigned to delete? Or is that your question. I think I would prefer another key myself. Need to explore.

I am pretty sure you cant assign Delete to a hotkey.

Assigning a command to a single hotkey is not really a good idea if you want to build up your hotkey usage.

Once you assign a command to say, the E key, it precludes you from using any other multi key commands that start with E.

I am pretty sure you cant assign Delete to a hotkey.

Assigning a command to a single hotkey is not really a good idea if you want to build up your hotkey usage.

Once you assign a command to say, the E key, it precludes you from using any other multi key commands that start with E.

That is so true. So I would recommend 2 key hot keys. Change the delete to a EE hot key. Easy Peasy.

In the interest of economy of motion;

I use "Key Tweak", to reassign keyboard keys, and have a delete instead of whatever the thing is 

that is native to key 1  (not number 1 key), at keyboard left side

I also have a ', or foot button now, at key 95, above the 8 on the number pad.

I also have my mouse wheel to left assigned to delete, and to right to undo.

Click wheel is 'open object'

Mouse side buttons are, space bar (return to select) and tab key (next object)

All this saves me countless mouse hand to keyboard or reach across keyboard moves.

• Upvote 1