How to draw a Barndominium?

Korel_Design

I have a client who is wanting me to design the floor layout for a Barndominium inside a commercially bought steel building. No real problem here. Just what would you say is the least painful way to produce the empty shell of the metal building. 80' x 60'. 6"x10" red Iron on 20' centers, 16' eave, 4:12 pitch roof. 

post-8999-0-72891300-1478009364_thumb.jpg

post-8999-0-15128700-1478009373_thumb.jpg

Jerry, I had started the attached metal building a while back but hadn't done anything with it, when the client changed his mind. I opened the old file, changed it to a 60X80 but since most Metal buildings are 4/12 pitch anyway, that didn't have to change. I modeled the columns, but hadn't modeled any roof or side wall perlins. I saved it and you're welcome to use it if it will help.

Metal Building.zip

I usually create a wall that basically just shows the girts, insulation, and exterior metal. Then I draw the metal columns and beams as a polyline solid, block them, and place them wherever they go. Funny thing is these are usually built where a lot of detail isn't really needed to satisfy local building inspectors so you could add the interior framing and sheetrock to that wall you create and call it good, or if it needs to be more exact, just draw those walls seperately so you can properly draw them around the columns (assuming you will you will wood frame against the girts on the interior).

Les

• 3 months later...

Shane -

What version is required for editing? I am using Home Designer Architect 2017 and can only display the plan.

Can you provide the metal building plan in a compatible version, or what version do I need to upgrade to in order to use?

I am new to Chief software and started with a lesser version as an evaluation.

Many thanks.