Wall Elevation Camera Specification (Display As Callout)

Kduke11

There are no Defaults(that we can set) for Wall Elevation Callouts.

It would be nice if there was - maybe a "Suggestion" is called for. 

Yes that would be very helpful. I'd also like to change the default scale size when sending views to the layout. I hope X9 addresses a lot of these issues.

I'd also like to change the default scale size when sending views to the layout.

You just have to change the scale in "Drawing Sheet Setup".  That's in the "File>Print" menu.  Whatever you have there is what the default will be when sending to Layout.  Just remember to use the correct Annoset so the annotations will be at the size you want.

If you make the "Default Text Style" smaller the callouts get smaller when they are automatic. Works with those already in place but may have undesirable effects elsewhere.

That's a whole lot different than changing from one Annoset to another.  Changing a "Text Style" will change every Layer Set where that "Text Style" is used.

Yes it does Joe, as I said other consequences. OTOH- I've dealt with this in the past. The first time I ran into this I was in a similar position. For me at that time it was easier to change the default text style, modify the text that changed by groups using layerset views than it was to replace all the cameras.

Nowaday-for every thing else in my annosets I have other named text styles that are not set to the "default text style".

In any case the only two ways to change the size is select each callout/camera-BUT doing that and NOT changing the default text style produces a callout with the text too big

Or just changing the default text style.

If you just changed text size in the callout, then yes it won't be there for each view.

If you actually change the size of "default text" in plan defaults it will apply to every camera callout set to automatic. All of my templates use this.