Best way to draw basketball court markings for 3D view

Christina_Girerd

I have a large concrete area on which I need to show basketball court markings (typical white paint stripes about 3" wide used for schools/playgrounds) and I thought maybe road markings would be a quick way to do so, but while those show in plan view, they won't appear on my concrete slab.  I don't want to change my slab to a road just so the markings will show.  So I'm using another thin white slab to show the court lines, but just wondered if anyone had any better suggestions.  I wish there was a way to just draw a single line and tell it to be 3" wide - sort of like we draw a sidewalk and it has a preset width that we can adjust...

Not sure what the problem is with road and road markings but if you wanted to be really precise you could draw it all out in plan view to scale with lines or walls or whatever you like and then turn that into a material to apply to your slab.  This is a little tricky but a good skill to learn.  Match your paper size to the slab and then save as a high resolution borderless PDF file which you will need to convert to PNG and import as material and apply to the slab. Or you may be able to find one already done online.  If you have any trouble with the file conversion or need more details let me know.

While you are at it why not kick your presentation up a notch and put the team logo on the court as anything you can dream up and import into plan view can be made into a material.

I would use the basketball court from the library.

It's in the Outdoor Recreation...Game Fields...bonus library

It uses a road with road markings but you should be able to covert those to other types of objects like solids or slabs if you need to.

post-106-0-76613400-1477808917_thumb.jpg

• Upvote 1

........ when Basketball is a Canadian sport.

Uh?  A Canadian sport?  Have you been hit in the head by a hockey puck too many times?  BB is an all American sport.  The Americans invented football,  soccer,  basketball,  baseball,  girl's softball,  hockey,  handball,  beach volleyball,  badminton,  curling,  Rugby,  Rugby sevens,   Tai Kwan Doe and mai jong.  The only thing we did not invent is Jai Alai.

• Upvote 1

Scott,  I am not going to fact check your entire list but I think that Canada can firmly take the intellectual credit for basketball.

http://www.nba.com/canada/History_of_Basketball_in_Canad-Canada_Generic_Article-18023.html

I think we have an argument going on here....  check this out...  I think you Canadiens are always taking credit for what we do.

post-50-0-11803300-1477850055_thumb.png

Okay,  I get it,  Naismith was a Canadian,  but he moved to Massachuteses,  became an American citizen and then invented basketball.

If we invalidated American achievements in favor of the immigrants' native countries - we'd be left with the hamburger as our country's crowning accomplishment. 

I watched a world war two documentary a couple weeks ago put out by an Australian production company. I was quite surprised when they stated Australia had defeated the Japanese almost singlehandedly with a little support from the USA.

Ya, I wish we would give more credit where credit was due. France (arguably the most powerful military in the world at the time) is a mere side note to our defeat of the mighty British army.

Seriously...they may have had their own interest at heart; but nevertheless, to those Frenchmen of years past...thank you.

Here is an indoor basketball court I did for client who played basketball. His remodel wanted to include an indoor basketball court. I did this back in X1 but if I had to do it again now, I would use the material region tool. I believe I did make a symbol of it.

post-66-0-91942400-1477927731_thumb.jpg

BTW, the first official game was played in a giant teepee in South Dakota. It was the Sioux from S Dakota vs the Aboriginess from Sydney, and the Sioux won by a score of 56 to many.

When I visited Australia several years ago, I learned something very interesting, the Aboriginees had a very limited understanding of math. They understood the numbers one and two, Anything higher than two was called many.

What a great trip that was and what a great group of people down there. The Aussies and the Kiwis will forever be my favorite peoples.