Stretch to Fit Material is Tileing

Chopsaw

I have a high resolution image that I was using for a material but now something has changed and in standard view it tiles itself even when set to "Stretch to Fit".  I thought maybe a setting was changed or my library was corrupted, but the twist is that it displays properly when Ray traced and tiled in Standard view in preview as well as when applied in the plan.  It is a 500 dpi.png file.  Any Suggestions. 

What's your expected output that 500dpi is needed?  300dpi is tops for most high quality digital output.  If your output is to screen, then 72dpi.  Or, if you're sending to Layout for inclusion into CDs, then either 72 or 150dpi should do the trick.

Ok, Thanks for showing and interest and here is the generic test plan in X8.  This is a project that tech support myself and a couple of other forum users are working on and we were making some progress and then everything fell apart on me a few days ago and will not work now.  The high resolution material file tiles when set to "Stretch to fit" ???  I can get it to work at much lower resolutions but that defeats the purpose of the project.  Image 1 is what you should see in plan view and then Image 2 is what I am seeing in Perspective Full Overview.  If you see something better or different please let me know and maybe we can figure out what is going on.  If this barrier can be broken this process opens many possibilities of using text, cad, and dimensions in 3D views.

Please do not open this plan file unless you have plenty of experience crashing chief architect and know how to use Task Manager to End Task. Oh and it might be helpful to have a computer and video card setup that matches or out preforms my specs.  Who knows?

post-4797-0-55269400-1477970030_thumb.jpg

post-4797-0-13939700-1477970043_thumb.jpg

Bush Lot Test.zip

Michael,  What did you do???   How much memory does your video card have?  And thanks for taking a look.

I didn't do anything.  Just opened the plan, copied the texture to a non-zipped folder, created a 3D view, reassigned the material, and that's what I got.  Maybe the image was downsized during the zipping process?  Here's what I get for the image properties...

post-46-0-26960800-1477973204_thumb.jpg

Image properties match the original. Still confused. Even the Teapot does not work.

Did you do that on your desktop with a 1 GB GT430 putting my system to shame?

Yes I did.  I do have an SSD that really speeds things up for me, but not so sure that would have any affect on this particular situation though. 

Thanks Jon, I was just offline fooling around with drivers and rolled back 2 versions and restored some functionality on the plan I was working on for my client but now it will not even open the Perspective Overview on the posted test plan. Frustrating situation to be in. Looks like I will spend tomorrow trying to find a driver that works. Is that GTX 560M of yours a 1.5GB card? Can you see now why I am trying to get the higher resolution so that I can zoom in on the details?

• 5 weeks later...
On 10/31/2016 at 11:57 PM, Alaskan_Son said:

Hey Chop.  It seems to be working just fine for me...

Chop's problem material.jpg

Michael,  Still struggling to figure this one out and tech has be unable to help so far.  If you have a minute do you mind sharing your Render settings so I can compare and see if they might be a factor in this situation.

X8 Render Settings.JPG

33 minutes ago, Chopsaw said:

Michael,  Still struggling to figure this one out and tech has be unable to help so far.  If you have a minute do you mind sharing your Render settings so I can compare and see if they might be a factor in this situation.

X8 Render Settings.JPG

I have everything set the exact same as you do with the exception of the walk through codec.  That shouldn't matter though.  Maybe try deleting that texture and downloading the version you attached.  Like I said earlier, maybe something changed during the zipping process...just an idea.

Ok Thanks,  I will give that a try just in case, since I think I have tried almost everything else except for Perry's suggestion.  $$

So you are not a walkthrough guy then without Xvid installed.  In Alaska it can be used as a walkaround or even a flyby since you all seem to be outdoor people.

2 minutes ago, Chopsaw said:

Ok Thanks,  I will give that a try just in case, since I think I have tried almost everything else except for Perry's suggestion.  $$

So you are not a walkthrough guy then without Xvid installed.  In Alaska it can be used as a walkaround or even a flyby since you all seem to be outdoor people.

Ya,  I think in all the years I've been using Chief I only ever made one walk-through and that was just for kicks.  I don't personally find them all that useful.  That's just me though.  I find still images allow me a lot more control...especially when trying to narrow the focus to a specific item or idea like I'm usually wanting to do with most of my renderings. 

24 minutes ago, Alaskan_Son said:

Maybe try deleting that texture and downloading the version you attached.  Like I said earlier, maybe something changed during the zipping process...just an idea.

I had high hopes but ended up crashing Chief just trying to put that file into the Library as a material with this current video driver that I rolled back to.

On 11/1/2016 at 4:33 AM, Chopsaw said:

rolled back 2 versions and restored some functionality on the plan I was working on for my client but now it will not even open the Perspective Overview on the posted test plan. Frustrating situation to be in.

Hoping that AMD or CA will come up with a solution for me soon.