Roof pitch symbol?

susankoslow

What are people using for the roof pitch symbol on exterior elevations?  I am new to Chief architect and my elevations are VERY hard to read because of the siding fill, roof fill, etc.  There is one symbol for the roof pitch with 2 black lines , but it is impossible to see when I place it in an area that's not above the roof line.  Does anyone have a suggeston?

There are roof pitch markers in the "roof DBX" under the Arrow tab that automatically show on the roof plan, and make sure  the layer "roof labels" are checked to show. They also work for elevations but not in a way that you might think, but works

Roof Pitch SYMBOL. 

This got me thinking about a true 3D Symbol that could sit on the Roof and display the pitch.  It would need to be on a layer that is only displayed in the Elevations/Sections and it would need to have a Label to display the pitch (height).  I think it could be done.

OTOH, it would be cool if there was a "Text Object" like a Callout called "Roof Pitch" that could be automatically created by selecting a Roof Plane in an Elevation Vies and then clicking on an icon in the Edit Toolbar.  This Callout would be placed above the Roof Plane and have the text displayed as shown in Joey's pic.

• Upvote 1

Roof Pitch SYMBOL. 

This got me thinking about a true 3D Symbol that could sit on the Roof and display the pitch.  It would need to be on a layer that is only displayed in the Elevations/Sections and it would need to have a Label to display the pitch (height).  I think it could be done.

OTOH, it would be cool if there was a "Text Object" like a Callout called "Roof Pitch" that could be automatically created by selecting a Roof Plane in an Elevation Vies and then clicking on an icon in the Edit Toolbar.  This Callout would be placed above the Roof Plane and have the text displayed as shown in Joey's pic.

Yep, I agree it really should be automated, if you could do it Joe, I'd pay for that.

Perry,

It might be possible but it might not.  I'll play with some possibilities but I really think CA should provide a "Roof Callout" for Elevations & Sections that would automatically display correctly with the pitch text.  If I can do it as a Labeled CAD Polyline it would probably still require some careful editing by the user.