Door Schedule Grouping

olyconstruction

Go to solution Solved by Kenoeightspot,

what I've been doing of late, is for the particular renovation plan, create a new blank plan, draw several walls (straight interior or exterior) place doors (either from CA or symbols I build or I import) in these walls as they might also be placed in my plan.  I do the same for windows, and some special windows I built specially for the renovation / addition portion.  I save any special information in each type DBX and if it is to be included in the schedule or not.  Then for all the existing doors and windows I have that plan opened in my split screen, select the door or window, from my template plan, and copy / paste in the renovations plan.  So far it's worked pretty good for me.

• Upvote 1

I draw the as-builts first and have set up my template to not show anything in the schedules, and just show window and door headers and existing (E) size and type. After the as-built drawing is done I do a save as existing plan. Then I continue to add the remodel but before I do anything further, I change all my door and windows, walls, posts, headers, framing, cabinets, beams, etc. to new(N) and check include in Schedule. Every automatically generates just how I want it to.

• Upvote 1

Page and Hall: thank you this was exactly what I was looking for!

DZilla: I like the sound of that method alot! I think it would be very useful to establish my workflow that way too. So in the new file you make all new layer sets called new or (N) and assign all  new remodel elements to include in schedule?

Evolution: That workflow sounds interesting and I think it could have a lot of merits, for instance being able to generate some useful elevation data to display in layout and to make sure you are only working with the renovation windows. Thank you for the suggestion! P.S. hope you loose your Memphis blues!

Page and Hall: thank you this was exactly what I was looking for!

DZilla: I like the sound of that method alot! I think it would be very useful to establish my workflow that way too. So in the new file you make all new layer sets called new or (N) and assign all  new remodel elements to include in schedule?

Evolution: That workflow sounds interesting and I think it could have a lot of merits, for instance being able to generate some useful elevation data to display in layout and to make sure you are only working with the renovation windows. Thank you for the suggestion! P.S. hope you loose your Memphis blues!

No , you would put the (e) and (n) in the label  of the object.

I draw the as-builts first and have set up my template to not show anything in the schedules, and just show window and door headers and existing (E) size and type. After the as-built drawing is done I do a save as existing plan. Then I continue to add the remodel but before I do anything further, I change all my door and windows, walls, posts, headers, framing, cabinets, beams, etc. to new(N) and check include in Schedule. Every automatically generates just how I want it to.

Yep,  this is what I do.