Corner Cabinet at 45* wall

Kduke11

Place a Panel adjacent to the Washer and use a Custom Counter Top.  Chief doesn't have a Cabinet like that. 

You could also just create a PSolid, Block it and specify that it's to be treated as a Cabinet and included in the Schedule.  But IMO that's overkill.

I have the base cabinet done that way. Needing an upper at that angle. 

I am a cabinet guy, having built and installed quite a few.  So I like to do the details so things get built the way I expect.

For the special corner cabs in this island, I used Chief to model the doors by making the "cabinet" 1/16" thick, and then specified only one door in each corner instance to show in the schedule.  Then I call out in the schedule that it's a custom and I show them how it's built with a Sketchup model.

post-55-0-55189200-1477429509_thumb.png

post-55-0-40320600-1477429603_thumb.png

I am a cabinet guy, having built and installed quite a few.  So I like to do the details so things get built the way I expect.

For the special corner cabs in this island, I used Chief to model the doors by making the "cabinet" 1/16" thick, and then specified only one door in each corner instance to show in the schedule.  Then I call out in the schedule that it's a custom and I show them how it's built with a Sketchup model.

I will play with this and see what I get. Thanks. We show interior elevations so having it look correct and functioning is a must.

.... and functioning is a must.

Notfornuttin-   The installers I know would have a fit if I gave them a cabinet that was supposed to fit flush into that corner. Sure you can add scribes to each side but it's still the hard way.

Don't know which way you are looking at placing this cabinet (s) ?

IRL If I wanted storage on both walls then I'd be using two cabinets with a filler (or two  which is what I'd order). The loss of storage is tiny, costs less and happy installer.

If just one wall then a cabinet and a panel that can be scribed to the wall.

post-85-0-84529100-1477440169_thumb.png

• Upvote 1