Where Did the X3-Compatible Bonus, SSA, etc. Content Go?

MauiMana

Hi All,

I took a bit of a hiatus for the past several months but am now getting back to using Chief (X3). But I noticed that when browsing my content library, some of the finishes, cabinetry, etc. seems to no longer be downloadable. It seems that any item that I've used in the past works fine, but if I try and select a library item (e.g., cabinetry door style, finish, etc.) from any of my bonus or SSA content that I haven't yet used then the system says it can no longer find the file, and then asks if I wish to look locally for it. In the last few months did Chief remove the X3-compatible library content from their server? What's up?

Maui, I think if you don't have SSA you only get a few of the library's and the SSA gives you the latest version, does it ask you if you want to purchase any of them since you are not at the latest version you might not get all of the lib without a purchase of some of the lib items

I'v been assuming that since I can still access all of the BONUS / SSA library items that I have used in the past that the issue isn't related to an expired subscription, etc. The issue only happens with BONUS or SSA content that I haven't ever used yet. And I'm not sure if the library access methods have changed but at least with X3, library items are only downloaded once you have selected them for use in the currently open design. Once you've used an item once, it is stored locally within one's file system. So since up to a few months ago I had no problem selecting/downloading previously unused library items, this makes me think that Chief has since removed X3 and older content from their servers. But would essentially mean that they have basically 'retired' X3 and older versions of CA Premier, which isn't right...

Maui I know they only support for so many versions back and with X3 being 5 versions back and coming up on the 6th you might not have the support you need for the lib items, just have to ones you have on your computer already which they can't take off of you since you paid for X3 just won't get the support for it and any new lib., you might want to give Chief a call tomorrow and ask them your original question

About a year ago the server on which the SSA content for X3 died. It was a very, very old server. 

We migrated the main core public libraries for X3 over to another system hosted in the cloud.

SSA content requires a current SSA license to download so should not be accessible for download once it has lapsed.

Already downloaded content still remains on your system and is still accessible even though SSA may have lapsed.

We assumed that most users with active SSA using X3 would have upgraded by that time and made a decision to not migrate the SSA content for X3. Access to SSA content requires being logged in and SSA being active. To rebuild that old system in a way that meets our new internet standards would have required significant effort.

Based on our server logs it was apparent that the content was being accessed rarely. The decision was made to no longer support that content.

If you still have SSA and desired the content available to an X3 SSA user you would be able to upgrade to the current version of Chief and gain access to all that content and more by using the current version.

We still support the core public libraries that were available for all X3 users with or without SSA.

I hope this helps you understand the situation.

If you still have questions feel free to contact our Support or Sales team.