exterior wall color/material

Lighthouse

Go to solution Solved by dshall,

Help,I have read everything online to no avail!  I have a house with lots of exterior walls, that I want to be different materials and textures.  I know that I can click on an individual wall and change it's material, but that is really time-consuming in this plan with so many walls, when I want to experiment with different siding colors and textures.  So I want to be able to use the eyedropper to copy a wall material and paste it onto another wall.  The problem I'm having is that when I use the eyedropper, it just changes the color of the new wall, not the material.  For example, I have a wall made of horizontal wood siding.  On a different wall, the exterior wall material is brushed aluminum sheets.  When I use the eyedropper to copy the aluminum, and then paint it onto the wood sided wall, it just changes the color of the wood siding, but i can still see the siding.  It doesn't replace the wood siding with the aluminum sheet.  Is there a quick way to copy the material of one wall and paste it onto another, without having to open up each wall and choose the materials?  I know I have done this before, but now it won't work.  btw, I have tried all the different material painter modes

Thanks