Outdoor room

johnny

So in previous release to create an outdoor room or rather a space where the roof would cover automatically, you'd simply make invisible walls around the space.  Now, we have room divider, and CA doesn't seem to act intuitively (the way you'd expect) in creating that same space via the room divider.  How are we now supposed to create outdoor spaces covered by roof without manually drawing that roof?

Per the pic I placed a room divider line to each side of where before I had invisible walls.

post-75-0-80258100-1393364479_thumb.png

Never mind, I just made a typical wall and made them invisible.  I will leave this up in case someone else has this issue, but why doesn't room divider work outside the exterior walls - the same way invisible walls worked before??  After all, there isn't really an invisible wall, so the room divider was a better tool - again, just not intuitive.

I think the room divider was designed to be exactly as its named...to DIVIDE rooms not to create them.

Yeah, but why can't it divide spaces outside a building into a room?...I don't see a name conflict if it did - and that is how we were to create rooms/decks/spaces outside from the tool it replaced.

Think what Michael means is you didn't have a room outside established, so the tool won't work

If you had an invisible wall enclosing the space in question, then the tool would have worked inside that area

Least that's my understandind of how it works

The room divider wall only works properly when you have the same floor and ceiling height.  You need invisible walls (with thickness) for CA to build floor and ceiling platforms on.  Most of the time CA will automatically convert divider walls to invisible walls if this is the case.