Stemwalls and thickend slab

DBearss

Its common here in the northwest to have perimeter stem walls with a slab on grade and interior thickened slab or monolithic footings. Top of slab flush with top of stem wall. I can get the perimeter walls to work like I want but am struggling with the interior thickened slab. Even if I change defaults and draw manually I cannot get the interior wall to be a thickened slab or monolithic. I searched for a discussion but found none.

I also tried building foundation as monolithic slab and then tried deleting the perimeter and creating manually but when changing the default the mono footing also change. Is there any way to have two types of footings in the same plan?

Hi David,

I would suggest building a "slab with footing" under the interior walls you want, if I am understanding your issue correctly. You can specify the dimensions of the footing in the slabs object DB, it is one of the options under the slab tool. 

If that does not work, you may be able to fiddle with your wall types, that is change them to a foundation wall to give it a footing, then change it to a pony wall in the wall types section, giving it a concrete stem wall on the bottom and a regular inteior wall on top, then mess with the room structure to get the slab where you want it. 

I hope this helps, good luck!

AB

Its common here in the northwest to have perimeter stem walls with a slab on grade and interior thickened slab or monolithic footings. Top of slab flush with top of stem wall. I can get the perimeter walls to work like I want but am struggling with the interior thickened slab. Even if I change defaults and draw manually I cannot get the interior wall to be a thickened slab or monolithic. I searched for a discussion but found none.

I also tried building foundation as monolithic slab and then tried deleting the perimeter and creating manually but when changing the default the mono footing also change. Is there any way to have two types of footings in the same plan?

If you have time to post a plan and a picture clearly stating what you want,  I will have the time to do a vid to show you how to get what you want.

I can get the right (almost) amount of concrete under the floor slab under the wall, but am unable to do the floor slab and the wall footing as a monopour.  Furthermore I cannot get the sides to chamfer.

Did I understand this right?  A stemwall on footing is done around the perimeter, and a slab on grade is poured after so top is flush to top of stemwall?

post-55-0-29867100-1477084976_thumb.png

Yes, I struggled with that on a plan that required a bearing wall down the center of a full depth basement.  The basement floor slab is a separate pour after the footings and stemwalls are poured, and it sits atop the footings.

I could do the wall with its under-footing, but only as I showed in the pic attached above.  When I tried to call the footing a monopour, it changed the entire scheme to show the footings for walls all done as one pour, slab included.  It is not how it's built, and I could not use the sections at all.

So you can sort of get what you need, but your building section won't look true.  You'll need to CAD-correct things.