Split Level with concrete foundation issue...

Charles

This one looks better and seems to tick most of the boxes.

I built the full height gyp lining from a 1/2" gyp wall.

Chopsaw, you need to delete the Chamfer from the foundation wall. 

But this also deletes the chamfer from the bottom slab as well - just edit the Auto Detail for the slab and move on.

post-106-0-74097100-1476962726_thumb.jpg

Split Level Choped GLENNED.plan

Glenn,  here is my go......   I put gyp bd on the cmu wall.  I did not need to add the additional drywall wall.

By the way,  the gyp board that covers the slab is from the gyp bd at the cmu wall and not from the wall above....  take a close look at blow  up pic.

post-50-0-91978300-1476968625_thumb.png

Glenn,  I thought it was important to use the insulated CMU wall that Charles built as we would never put drywall directly on CMU or concrete in Canada.  I edited the footing in the Auto Detail but was left with a shadow. Did you mask or what is the trick that I missed.

Thanks everyone, I really appreciate your efforts and i got a lot of additional ideas on how to approach this.

@David, would you mind uploading your .plan file so I can check out your approach?

@Chopsaw... this is an as built.... not my design.... you are right, not the proper way to build it.

Charles,  What I was saying was that you did draw the CMU pony wall properly under the circumstances with an insulated separation between the concrete and drywall, as in your original custom pony wall definition.  Assuming that even in Hawaii you can get condensation issues on concrete. 

@chopsaw, yes the key in your response is "insulated separation" which we don't do much here in Hawaii.   Condensation is not a huge issue, but vapor permeation and ground water penetration is (thanks to my degree from the school of hard knocks).

Charles,  You have me totally confused now.  Do you want the drywall applied directly to the concrete as Scott and Glenn drew it or do you want an insulated 2" interior wall  as you drew it with a custom wall type?  Or rather how do you need to illustrate the as-built.  Just trying to help but don't understand what you are saying.