Insert Revit Models?

contractcad

I'm new to Chief Architect and don't know all the ins and outs yet and I'm working on a Restaurant that has a bit of commercial equipment to be laid out in it (Yes, usually a kitchen supplier does this, and my proposal said "kitchen by others".... but I'm doing it - not going to be anything fancy).  I'm ok with either stretching similar appliances or blocking units out using primitives but I notice that with several kitchen equipment manufacturers, they offer Revit models for download.  The couple I've looked at seem to only offer 3D in Revit, haven't looked at them all yet though and the model extension doesn't appear to be supported by Chief's import function. Any chance of a work-around?

Unfortunately, I think the only way you'll be able to get this to happen would be if you know someone with a copy of Revit who would be willing to download the files and then export as a 3D DWG, DXF, or some other file type that Chief can import.  Have you checked the Sketchup Warehouse or the bonus catalogs?

AFAIK, Revit files can only be opened/viewed/modified/exported within Revit. Exporting from Revit can be tricky - the defaults don't always provide the desired results, so sometimes there is trial and error involved. If you don't need a specific manufacturer, why don't you post a request in the Symbols and Content forum? Someone may already have some symbols that will work for you.