Walkthrough Field of View

craboulas

Edit> Default Settings> General Camera> General tab> Field of View: 

You will get screen resolution but quality can be improved by increasing the Frames Per Second: and reducing the Compression: when recording. 

If you are using the Xvid codec there are some settings there that can be tweaked if you know what you are doing.

• Upvote 1

Hi There, Nice to see someone taking such a keen interest in Chief's video making abilities. I just did a quick search on the forum and it looks like this subject has not been properly covered.  I just upgraded to the latest version of Xvid ( 1.3.4.) and there do not seem to be any new functions or capabilities as it applies to CA recordings. So these adjustments from the default settings give me a 720p quality .avi video file that seems to be compatible with most Apple and PC computer systems as well as android and iphone. This can also be uploaded to YouTube.  When using Xvid the Compression feature in CA Walkthrough Options seems to be disabled and I usually use a frame rate of 30 FPS for final renderings as more just makes the file larger.

post-4797-0-80152300-1476858434_thumb.jpg

If anyone has been able to get a 1080p quality video from Xvid please post settings as I have not seen any CA produced walkthroughs with higher than 720p.  There is a Xvid HD 1080 setting but it does not seem to work for me with CA.

Also just seem to have lost the ability to play .avi files with Windows 10 Movies & TV player as well as Photos, so if anyone has recently had to deal with that, I am not sure what may have gone wrong. Edit, Reboot fixed it.