door schedule duplicates

jimmyp

Header sizes are different.

That is interesting.  Is that a bug?  I never use "group similar objects",  makes it easier to identify duplicates......  besides......  I think each door should have a unique label ......  it seems like   a 2668 door whether hinged left or right somehow gets grouped as a duplicate door even though the swing is different.  

If I don't use group similar objects, the schedule just gets too big to fit all the schedules on a page b/c I really want to use the 2d drawings of windows and doors. I know I can resize that column, then it gets too small to see what it is.

If there is just ONE thing that is slightly different in the displayed columns, then a new line will be created for those objects which would be grouped otherwise. (In this case, headers are slightly different.) For example, if you remove the "header" column, then the doors will group as you wish, but you will have to click the renumbering icon to renumber the labels, too.

That is interesting.  Is that a bug?  I never use "group similar objects",  makes it easier to identify duplicates......  besides......  I think each door should have a unique label ......  it seems like   a 2668 door whether hinged left or right somehow gets grouped as a duplicate door even though the swing is different.  

You have to either check "Include Type" in the label tab of the schedule dbx or add the "Hinge Side" column to keep differing swings from grouping together.

This may not be the same problem, but I have tried to get rid of the extra door call-out to no avail. This is a single story project that has been modified a lot of times, however. All doors have two call-out symbols.

Jim,

You have 2 Door Schedules - maybe one in the Floor Plan View and another in a CAD Detail.  Delete the one in the Plan View and there will only be one call-out per door.

Good advice Joe, but

I cannot find another schedule anywhere in the plan. Deleting the schedule does get rid of the double call-out, but then I get different (additional) door designations that do not match the door schedule. This plan layout has been revised many times and may be corrupt. I don't use the  schedules normally. I'm working with a new Engineer that takes my drawings (2-D drafting) and inserts them into his formatted sheets that include door and window schedules. The door and window installers have done their own take-offs in the past. I thought I'd experiment with the CA schedules and came across this anomaly. The project has already been permitted, but I went back to explore a bit. I have not gone back to other projects to try. Thanks Joe.

• 6 years later...

OK, so on the door schedules, even though I had "group similar" checked, I also had "Room names" in the schedule, and without thinking, it can't group similar doors if they're in different rooms...  hope that helps someone.