Line weight issue

doitright

I am using x7 and had a recent hard drive crash. I recovered my files and reloaded Chief but now have some problem getting the right line weights when printing layout. The interior elevations are the problem when using a combination of cad lines and objects. The objects are much darker than the cad lines. I was using the default settings and played around with different weights in print setup but can not get it right. What am I missing?

RJ Buhler

"dbx" is short for "Dialog".

The Layout Box "Layer Set" should control the line weights of the objects.  Check to make sure your Layout Boxes are using the correct "Layer Sets".

Select a Layout Box, then select the "Layout Box Layers" icon on the Edit Toolbar.  This will allow you to either select a different Layer Set or modify the layers within the current Layer Set.

So I use pretty basic tools and the only layer set in Layout is the Default set. In the layer set there are no "objects" in the list that can be adjusted. If I was able to adjust it in the layout it would likely adjust in in floor plan view as well and the floor plan line weights are good. It is only in the section views were the problem occurs.

I went to the section drawing and adjusted some object line weights there and it made a bit of difference but it seems a lot of work to have to adjust all the objects from their standard settings.

So I use pretty basic tools and the only layer set in Layout is the Default set. In the layer set there are no "objects" in the list that can be adjusted. If I was able to adjust it in the layout it would likely adjust in in floor plan view as well and the floor plan line weights are good. It is only in the section views were the problem occurs.

I went to the section drawing and adjusted some object line weights there and it made a bit of difference but it seems a lot of work to have to adjust all the objects from their standard settings.

Read Post #6 carefully.

I think Joe is talking about the plan layers set, not the layout layer set

Yes, and No.

When you select a Layout Box on a Layout Page - there's an icon on the "Edit Toolbar" which is normally at the bottom of the screen.  The Icon allows you to see (and edit) what Layer Set is being used by that Layout Box.  Normally it will be the same as the one in use when the view was Sent to Layout.  Editing it will not change the Layer Set in the Plan.

I tried that Joe and it did change it on the layout print. I changed a base cabinet line weight from 25 to 5 and it looks about right. If go thru and change all objects, walls, electrical etc to different line weights from the default it may work but not something I have ever had to do before. ???

I tried that Joe and it did change it on the layout print. I changed a base cabinet line weight from 25 to 5 and it looks about right. If go thru and change all objects, walls, electrical etc to different line weights from the default it may work but not something I have ever had to do before. ???

When you opened that dialog, what Layer Set did it say was being used?  Was it the same as the Layer Set in the Plan?

Yes, and No.

When you select a Layout Box on a Layout Page - there's an icon on the "Edit Toolbar" which is normally at the bottom of the screen.  The Icon allows you to see (and edit) what Layer Set is being used by that Layout Box.  Normally it will be the same as the one in use when the view was Sent to Layout.  Editing it will not change the Layer Set in the Plan.

I do not agree with this statement....  I think........  

What are your settings in the drawing sheet setup?  particularly under advanced line weight options. I use 1:100 and then my lineweights vary between 10 and 100

My setting for layout sheet is 1:700. At 1:100 it gets much worse in terms of contrast between elevations view and plan view..

Joe_Carrick, on 18 Oct 2016 - 04:32 AM, said:snapback.png

Yes, and No.

I do not agree with this statement....  I think........

Well, yes and no.

If you change the layout box layer set, it will not directly change the layerset in plan view, UNTIL you double click the layout box to open the plan view.

In that case the plan view will reflect the changed layout box layerset.