Typical Details with notes...whats the strategy?

Clemsongrad

I'm all in on the building model approach that CA gives us and the savings it provides.

However, there is nothing that saves more time than having a sheet of standard details, right?

So, how do you guys (gals) approach your projects that regularly use standard details with notes? 

The building may give  you a view, but it doesn't automatically give notes on foundation details, typical walls, etc.

My guess is that everyone has standard details and then inserts details for conditions that are not typical?

I'm all ears on understanding more of the CA Construction Document process.

Thank You!

Larry

Chief comes with a large amount of cad details which you can modify to fit your local needs. The reason there aren't standard details and notes for everybody is because we all use different details for our locality. You kind of have to develop your own. I have thousands only b/c I have been doing this for 40 years and keep every one for future use.

As Larry and Shane have said download the blocks then find the one closest to what you are looking for exploded it make the changes to meet your needs then block it and give it a name for what you want and put on a layer for what you want and then setup a lib in the user lib and put all your blocks in there and you will always have them