weird camera problem

sunsetguy

Having a weird camera problem in x8...when going to 3d and "orthographic full overview"...the drwg shows as a pinpoint....I then have to zoom  way in to get it  to where it can be seen normally..

I recently upgraded from an older version... this new upgrade is superb in every other way....however I cannot find anything in researching this problem that offers a solution..

Suggestions are much appreciated .. thanks

chief x8

windows 7

hp pavilion 1 tb

amd radeon hd 6530d

You have likely lost some object off to never never land beyond the perimeter of your drawing space.  If you get the same behavior from opening a perspective overview camera then you need to go to plan view close other camera views and look for some object around the perimeter which can sometimes be quite challenging.   One tool that I find useful is the "Fill Window" tool [F6] or select all [CTRL +A] that will include everything in the plan including your mystery object and likely will make your floor plan appear as a "pinpoint".  Take a careful look around the perimeter of you screen or corner of selection box for "select all".  If this does not work start turning off layers one at a time and see if this changes the view when using the "Fill Window" tool.  This may isolate the item to one particular layer.

Also before you waste too much time looking check another plan or a new test plan that you are confident is clean to see if the issue is plan specific.