Roof Plane Labels

Kduke11

Go to solution Solved by Kduke11,

I might be missing something, but I have 4 elevations.  2 are 1/4" scale and 2 are 3/16" scale to fit on one sheet. I have annotation sets for 1/4" and 3/16". When I change the roof label to 1/4" text style for the 1/4" elevation it changes the one for the 3/16" scale elevation as well. Is their a way to make this work??

In your 3/16" layer set is your Roof Label text style still set to 1/4 scale ? Just create a new text style and apply it to that layer.

I thought I would need to do that. LOL I will be on Chief Architect full time next week. coming from AutoCAD and Revit. Annotations are way easier in those but I'm sure Chief is working on it. ;)

When you are pushing different elevations to the layout the layer set definitions go with it. So when you push with the "1/4" Elevation" (1, 2) set all of the text sizes and so forth go with it.....

So to get the 3/16" elevations to appear correct (consistent text sizes - 1/8" tall when printed) you need to create a new layer set (3), rename it, then for the text sizes go to (5) and set the desired Text Style. If the one you want is not already created you can do so pretty easily by clicking on (4) and setting it up there.

post-182-0-34475500-1476403256_thumb.jpg

• Solution

When you are pushing different elevations to the layout the layer set definitions go with it. So when you push with the "1/4" Elevation" (1, 2) set all of the text sizes and so forth go with it.....

So to get the 3/16" elevations to appear correct (consistent text sizes - 1/8" tall when printed) you need to create a new layer set (3), rename it, then for the text sizes go to (5) and set the desired Text Style. If the one you want is not already created you can do so pretty easily by clicking on (4) and setting it up there.

Thank you very much. I got it all set up now.