Blind corner cabinet question

keysersoze

HI everyone, i am trying to make a blind corner cabinet and it is not working.

it looks like there needs to be a filler so door on either cabinet can open but ca makes it an

opening and will not allow any modification to this.

What am i doing wrong?

Any help is appreciated.

David

post-245-0-53395200-1476285064_thumb.jpg

post-245-0-29770700-1476285078_thumb.jpg

I've seen this but can't currently reproduce it. FWIW I don't use automatic blind corners (or automatic fillers), don't like how they display or the inconsistencies.

To get a blind that you can control, front/side/back tab; select custom face for front and split the parent layout vertically. Make the blind a blank area and lock that width- store in user library for the future.

post-85-0-15476600-1476286407_thumb.png

As Mark says they do not display consistantly. For me they always turn back into a regular cabinet. I rarely do cabinet layouts for the builders I do drawings for, but often practice to get a better understanding of how the cabinet tools work. One of the videos on Chiefs site Scott Harris shows how he makes blind corner cabinets. Sorry do not remember which video. In fact it may be the same ways Mark does it.

Thanks Mark for this tip, i have X7, i dont see a custom face and locking ability, is this an X8 feature?

If so you would think they would have just fixed the blind corner cabinets with the new realease?

David

You may not have custom and there may not be a lock but you do have what you need based on the screenshot you provided.

Split it, make one side blank, turn OFF automatic blind corners

post-85-0-38403000-1476308395_thumb.png