Saving prices and/or comments in material list

DanOfEarth

Go to solution Solved by DanOfEarth,

Sorry guys if this has been covered but I've scoured the forums. I can't seem to save material costs and comments anywhere.

I've seen a reference to a master list....don't see it.

I've also seen somebody gripe that you CAN save prices in said master list but not comments and such.

Granted I've own the $99 home suit and not architectural or pro.

Do I need to upgrade for this feature or am I missing something?

Keep in mind that the material list will only be as accurate as your model. If you make mistakes drawing your plans it will be reflected in the material list. I personally do not use the material list as my builders want 2-D drawings only. I use some place holders (Cabinets) in my drawings and if you where to take a camera view of the inside it would reflect that.

Yeah I think I would have to upgrade to Architectural or Pro because when I click onto Tools while on the materials list.....with a line-item highlighted....the tools drop-down only has the "Display..." choice.

That's a bit hockey to leave that feature out of Home Suite.

We're actually only using this program for rehab projects so the materials list will NEVER be accurate when we're just adding and removing interior walls. But this would be handy for some pricing. Hmmm.

• Solution

Yep....talked to support and only Pro has the "Master List" feature where you can save material costs and comments. Otherwise you have to retype them every time.

I did mention that revealing this secret in the videos would be very handy for us ignorant folk.