Attic Truss Problems

olyconstruction

Go to solution Solved by ShaneK,

So I have this project and I am trying to throw some attic trusses above this garage, but I keep getting error messages when I try to make the attic truss. I keep getting told I need a flat ceiling plane and floor system for it to build the truss. So I went ahead and made a new floor to build the flooring up there and now Chief is telling me it can not find any roof planes (which are clearly there). 

What am I doing wrong or what am I not understanding here? It seems like it should be more simple than this. 

Thank you!

BILEADOU - PROPOSED- 9-23-16.plan

• Solution

Watch Video #354. Basically what I did was delete your roof over structure / went to 1st floor and did manual roof planes / then went to 2nd floor and created room for attic truss area / uncheck "attic" on gabel walls / make sure attic rooms and storage room have same floor structure settings / you can see all this on plan I uploaded.  

post-4392-0-18134100-1475928380_thumb.png

• Upvote 1

Thanks Jeff, but when I open that link it is just a list of videos for me. What is the title of the specific video I should watch?

Shane, thank you this is awesome.  I would really like to put the trusses in but it still does not want to take them. 

The reason you're still having trouble building the attic trusses is because your ceiling height in the room dbx is greater than the peak height of your roof. 

Chief is looking for the ceiling so it knows where to place the ceiling chord of the attic truss, however if it's beyond the peak, it obviously can't do that. 

Open up the storage room dbx, change the ceiling height to 60" and then force rebuild the trusses. 

Attached are revisions to Shane's attachment. 

BILEADOU - PROPOSED- 9-23-16 mine2.plan

post-12316-0-67111300-1475936106_thumb.png

• Upvote 1