Entry level drops 4 stairs to kit/fam rm in this REMODEL-help

Designers_Edge

Go to solution Solved by Designers_Edge,

I do not know where to begin to get this into the as-built remodel plan.  We are remodeling the kitchen and the stairs from the entry level come right down into the kitchen area on an angle! The house is built on a hill and the garage, entry, powder and laundry are on this mid level, then it goes down to the dining room, kitchen, & family.  Second story goes up from the entry and are the bedrooms.  

There is no way to render or do perspective views without including these stairs.  I do not have the original blueprints and the clients are sure not going to pay me to measure their whole house for a kitchen remodel, so just need to get an approximation!  I would appreciate any advice on how to set this up if someone has encountered this layout before.  

I've attached a photo and thanks again!  Looks like I lost my signature info etc. when ChiefTalk became "forums".

Sharon

X6 Interiors

User since Chief Ver. 8

Wow, Thank you Alan for your kind comment.

Kbird, I will try again with the file attachment.  I do not know why the jpeg failed to attach.  I went into my profile after posting and set all of that up after seeing that the switch to the new format dumped all my old settings.

post-1026-0-14894400-1401728523_thumb.jpg

This looks pretty basic to me.  Just draw your walls making sure to define the separate levels as separate rooms.  Adjust the floor and ceiling heights appropriately.  Then just draw (or click to place) the stairs where you want them to go.  They should automatically span the level change.  There should be some training videos on stairs that may help.

• Upvote 1

Kilgore and Gene, thank you for taking the time to help me with this.  Gene Interiors does allow quite a bit of default adjustment--just doesn't allow terrain, decks etc.  I was concerned that I needed to use terrain to step this down the hill, but will try Kilgore's suggestion and see what I can work out there.  Trying to get existing floorplans in for remodels can be trying at times.  I so appreciate your help and comments.

choose one of the levels to be set at floor height 0"

then set the other rooms as needed in relation to that level

if the height difference approaches 8' then consider creating another floor

then build the stairs between the levels as needed

Lew

Sharon, as you're changing the floor heights, it helps a bunch to do a back-clip and then "tile" the views so that you can see both views at the same time. This helps so that you can see the changes as you make them.

This is why Chief Talk/Forums has always been my go to place for searching topics and to learn.  AND every now and then to ask for help.  That willingness to share and to help others is what makes this community SO great.  I had the pleasure of meeting some of you at the Chief Architect breakfast given in Las Vegas during the International Builder's Show and KBIS.  I just got back to my office, but I am now going to take all of these suggestions and learn how to master this. Thank you! :D