Archive Program Paths

DBearss

My C drive is an SSD and starting to get filled up. I would like to move some of CA files to my data drive. Understanding that is best to keep file path as default but am wondering if I can safely change the archives folder. And if so....How? Preferences/Folders gives options for a few but selecting All Program Paths just provides a list.

I've done it, and have all my old stuff on the data drive ,without any problems, but I also move on to the latest /Chief version when I can and really don't use the older versions anymore. I keep 2 current versions of Chief and everything that goes along with them, on my ssd drive. Everything else is on the data drive. I don't keep old versions of Chief ,just all the old data. I like to keep current. If I need to resurrect an old plan, I just open it in the latest version save and repair as needed. I wouldn't want to go back and draw anything anyway, the new tools would save you more time anyway.

For years I have had multiple hard drives. Currently I have my "Plans Directory" on Drive "E". Chief remains on drive "C" along with Windows 10. I have a drive for Windows XP which contains Chief 7,9.5, 10 and some older versions of Home Designer intended to run in XP x32. I also have a hard drive where I archive things I might want to use later. My Drive "C" is an SSD my other hard drives are analog drives.

DJP

Wait - is there a way to move the entire program and all its folders to a different drive than the typical boot drive C..?

Because Chief told me it has to run on your boot drive. I would love to put the library and all the Chief folders on another Drive.

Dave

I guess the only directory I wish to relocate is the archives as this one seems to grow quite quickly. However, again how would I change that directory path? The Preferences / Program Paths dbx doesn't have any editing options.