two floors out of alignment

houseofcards

I have two floors, lots of stuff on each one, and I want to line them up, being careful to move all objects on a given floor strictly as a group

the two floors were created by importing two DWG files (one for each floor) to their respective floors, and even if I reset to origin on import, they don't line up

I set up the chief walls etc *before I realized the two floors were out of alignment

so the first thing I would expect to do is group everything on a given floor together, so I don't have to worry about scrambling up the relationships

but grouping, as I understand it, isn't a chief architect feature

would I use blocks? is there a way to just tweak the entire floor?

I did learn how to allow one floor show through (reference/current/etc)

but is there a way I can hide some layers, but still have the content on the hidden layers move with the group, because with everything visible, it's hard to find a clean couple of lines to use for visual alignment

I explored the align wall to wall below feature, which seems to work well, but how do I have everything on one floor move together, while using that feature?

thanks

You may want to read up on the Edit area Tools. They are near the bottom of the Edit drop down menue.  But be careful and maybe make a duplicate plan copy just in case. I don't have much experience with these but this may be a solution.

"The Edit Area tools can cause wide-spread changes across an entire plan and should always be used with caution."