X Axis Rotate Question

KittleDesign

I don't know where I have gone wrong but before I get too frustrated, I think I just better ask for help.  Hopefully, it's a simple thing that I am missing and an easy fix.

I created a polyline solid to use as an arched beam over an entry way.  But I need to rotate my arched beam 90 degrees in the x axis, so when I drop it into the floor plan, the arch will be in the correct position.

I turned it into an architectural block, I added it to the library, but when I right click on it in the library it doesn't give me an "Open Symbol" option, so I can get in and rotate it.

So somewhere I missed a step turning it from an architectural block into a symbol.  Please let me know what step I am missing.  I am using X8.

A little confused as to why you are doing what you are asking for but if you have your reasons it will work.  

Open a new plan and insert your beam from the library into your plan view and open a perspective full overview of it.

Go to  Tools> Symbol > Convert to Symbol.  Then you can easily rotate. 

Sounds like if you created the beam in an elevation view you could have saved a few steps, just maybe.

Good Luck  :)