Plan Options

R_Seales

Go to solution Solved by Gawdzira,

I have a client that wants options on their spec home plans.  Options like a shed dormer over the garage, or swapping out a shower/tub combo for a walk-in shower.  The options vary from plan to plan and run the gambit from exterior to interior, cosmetic to structural, I figure this type of request has been made before, my question is how do you handle it in the software?  Do you save multiple variations of the model, or create some custom layers to show/hide the appropriate "options"?  I can conceive of multiple ways of handling the request, but I figure some "been there done that" experience will save me some headaches along the way!  Any thoughts/suggestions are greatly appreciated.

Ricky

Thanks for all the feedback guys!  I'm going with a couple of plan versions (saving 2 different models) on this one.  I can make all the options on the second plan as none of the areas overlap or interfere with one another, so it seems like the easiest approach for now.  Lew I had not thought of this as a wish list item, but after reading your comments I do think it would be nice addition if Chief had a way to create an "option layer set" based on a user selected area. Hmmmmm?

Thanks again for the feedback guys, I love this forum!

Ricky