Help Modeling this Window in a Thick Wall

SchnieppDesign

I am putting together as-built drawings for this 100+ year old house.  The walls are 13" thick and the window frames taper from the outside in as shown in the attached drawing.  I did this as a CAD drawing to show the situation, but I don't know how to model this window in my plan.  I thought I remembered someone doing something like this before, but I can't find it.

Any help would be appreciated.

Thanks, John

post-79-0-14313300-1475604896_thumb.jpg

I am not sure how to construct a custom casing to do this, Perry.  I have temporarily used a CAD mask to show it correctly in plan view.  Of course it does not show correctly in a camera view.  Your guidance would be appreciated.

By the way, in my drawing above, the outside of the window is on top. The opening widens as it comes to the inside surface.

Thanks, John

Use a custom molding with a 3D Molding Polyline.  Then turn off the frame on the window.

There's a little finagling to get everything perfect, but I think you'll be fine.

I've attached a plan file so you can copy and paste...it even has the CAD molding profile so you can adjust as need be.

window.plan

You will more than likely need to model it as I attached (with 3D molding polylines and your appropriate molding profile), and use CAD to fudge the plan.  As far as I know, there isn't a way to create a custom frame profile.

Either that or make your window the size you need.  Get your frame roughly the size you need.  Pull a 3D view and export the .3ds file.  Import the .3ds file into Sketchup, and adjust the window frame to be exactly what you need.  Save the file and import the SU file back into CA and create a custom window in your library.

That might do the trick for both...but if it doesn't....I'm sorry :)