Arched Gable End

Ginkgohouse

Good Afternoon

We have a remodel wherein the gable ends will be arched.   My problem is the fascia board , and framing will not follow the arch.   I only need it to look good for renderings - not looking for framing correctness or material lists etc....

Please note the Plan is in X7 as we have not updated to X8 !!

Thanks 

Mark

CT - Curved Roof.plan

Mark, Unless someone suggests a simple solution here that I have not thought of... It looks like you may be doing some Bolean operations with solids. If you had curved the roof rather than the gable chief would be of some help but I don't think there is a specific tool for this. If you choose to do this and would like some more details let me know.

Select those edges and click the "Convert Curve To Polyline" tool.  Give the curve a higher number of segments to keep it from looking too choppy.  And make sure you have fascia checked as has already been mentioned.  This was done in X8 but X7 works the same way...

post-46-0-17915000-1475567987_thumb.png

post-46-0-91399600-1475567997_thumb.jpg

• Upvote 1

Chopsaw I wanted to know the method Mark (OP) changed gabel roof plane from straight to arched. Yes I tried Michaels' suggestion on making fascia appear in 3d views and yes it works. Another great tip from Michael.