Crash when moving walls

shanecarman

Hello,

I have the newest version of Chief Architect.  Most of the time when I try to move walls on my plan, the program crashes and opens up to the crash report screen.  It appears to happen when I use my arrow keys to move the wall and less frequently when I click with my mouse to move walls.  There is no freezing of the program.  It just crashes instantly upon moving any wall.  I have a MAC with all the updates and it meets all requirements.  I emailed support and they sent me a link of things to check and said they can't tell me anything from the error report.  I have attached the file in question and also attached a pdf of the error report text.  Any ideas?

Thank you!

Carman Compound- My house.plan

Crash Report for Chief Architect.pdf

I dont have a problem dragging any walls. How are you trying to move them?

May be an apple thing??

I have tried moving the walls with clicking and dragging them.  I also have tried to move them with my keyboard arrows and the same thing happens.  

Yes you are running 15G1004, but did you update your NVIDIA WEB DRIVER, or at least what version are you running?

The error appears in ::setupAngleAndBumpingRestrictions list deallocator reports corruption. Did it just started? Or you had the same errors prior to the Security Update?

Thanks for the message.  I have a MAC and PC.  I have had no issues on the PC, only the MAC.  On the MAC, I have Intel HD Graphics 4000 1536 MB for graphics and not NVIDIA.  I have NVIDIA on my PC though.  I haven't made an security updates.  I have been having this issue for about two weeks.  Thanks

Yes you are running 15G1004, but did you update your NVIDIA WEB DRIVER, or at least what version are you running?

The error appears in ::setupAngleAndBumpingRestrictions list deallocator reports corruption. Did it just started? Or you had the same errors prior to the Security Update?

I have experienced this same problem and well when moving walls with arrow keys and/or clicking and dragging.  Very frustrating.  I'm also experiencing a complete computer crash/shutdown while working in Chief occasionally.  

Call tech support on Monday during normal business hours. 

This kind of problem is normally very specific to a computer system.  It's highly unlikely that anyone can help you on this forum.  Tech support will usually try all of the most common things first but will have to dig deeper in some cases. 

• Upvote 2

Call tech support on Monday during normal business hours. 

This kind of problem is normally very specific to a computer system.  It's highly unlikely that anyone can help you on this forum.  Tech support will usually try all of the most common things first but will have to dig deeper in some cases. 

Thanks for the info.