Room labels

capitaldesigns

You also need to turn off the Layer "Rooms, Dimensions" and in the Default Room Label insert the macro as Eric pointed out on the 2nd line of the Room Label.  You can also enter " Clg.Ht. " either before or after that macro.

Note:  If you want to control the text size to be smaller than the Room name you will need to do it all in a Rich Text Box. 

Thanks Eric & Joe.

Joe, are you saying that I should type in the macro command for the clg. ht. in rich text box first, set the text height there then copy and paste into room label default box ?

Another question. Where do I set the room label text size & style

Thanks,

Mike

No, When using a Rich Text Box, you can place the %room.name% macro on line 1 and the %room.height.ceiling% macro and any other text you want on line 2.

You can set the formatting of each line (Font, Color, Size, Justification) and the border and fill for the entire RTB. 

Copy/paste that RTB into each Room.  You can even place it outside the room and add a leader line with arrow to connect it to the room.

Make sure you turn off the Room Label Layer.  You've created your own custom Room Label.

• 4 weeks later...

Beg CA, like the rest of use!!! Or type it in, each room.

Joe has a great macro to change inches to feet and  inches, in the label method. Will not work on Rich Text Box....... 

We signed up for his and I have some but very new to the Macro's in CA. have written LISP's for AutoCAD. I'm fine with it in the room Label. LOL