Overloaded Library?

Northriver

How many bonus and MFG catalogs do you have loaded. The reason I am asking is I did a search this morning and after about 1 minute of finding nothing my computer crashed. I got carried away and loaded 95% of the catalogs available.Since I have SSA and can get access anytime I need something, I am going to dump most of my MFG libraries as well as the bonus catalogs I don't think I would ever use to see if this helps.  

I knew I had a lot, but hadn't counted before.  I have 125 bonus catalogs and 54 manufacturer catalogs!  They need cleaning out.  For example, I noticed I have a Therma-Tru catalog, as well as a Therma-Tru 2009 catalog.  They look basically similar, but I'm not sure which is more recent.  I also have a lot of User catalogs, too. 

Having a huge amount of content, including core, bonus and a lot of user content that I have collected over the years since I started using Chief (1995) does slow down a Library Browser "Search" but that has never caused a crash or other negative side effects. I would first look at my PC hardware and its proper maintenance or lack thereof as a weak point before I started blaming Chief.

DJP

I have downloaded and imported just about every library CA has on their web site.  Although I sometimes have to wait a couple seconds for the libraries and items to load, I have yet to have any major issues.  I never had my computer or software crash as a result of the library.  I have about 160 bonus libraries and 106 manufacturer libraries currently added to Chief.  Having all those loaded inside Chief is probably not necessary but, I never know when I might stumble upon something useful I can add to my plans.