Schedules blow out, way way out, right hand end. Bug or feature?

GeneDavis

I have a window schedule and a door schedule in my plan, and Chief is blowing the right end out to infinity.  Not when first generated, but later when I work with the plan.

I did schedule-to-text and that is what I am putting on my layout, but in order to keep the unit numbers (which are only there when schedules are generated) I have to keep the live schedules.  Even those got their right margins extended, but not to the moon as the live schedules.

The pic attached shows how this looks.  The little bit of plan seen is floorplan surrounded by a terrain of about 120 x 120 feet.

post-55-0-46062800-1475098071_thumb.png

Yes this used to happen to me all the time, I did get them to stop doing that.  Try putting them in a cad detail ( keeping them separate) instead of on the floor plan where moving something might be the culprit. Then send the cad detail to the layout. you can also put more than one in the cad detail, they also update automatically.

I cut the door schedule and the window schedule from the first floor plan view and then pasted them into a CAD detail window.  No jumps since.

This plan has problems.  They may be the result of me using material regions to do gable-end board and batten detailing.  It is the only part of the modeling that did not go well, and I suspect it has something to do with the schedule blowouts.

A couple of times when trying to cut a material region, I would do the polygon, then do the conversion to an MR, spec the layers, and the MR would not appear at all.  I would look and lo and behold, I would have an object 12,000 inches to the east in outer space, and it would be the MR.

I would have an object 12,000 inches to the east in outer space, and it would be the MR.

Sounds fun. Heard back from my guy-he's checking for the file but said he remembers carriage returns as the problem. Yours may well be different, as I remember we already had the schedule in a CAD detail.

That's good to know P. Heard back from my guy and he found it- was that he pasted "tab" into the field- grows like a beanstalk-worst if there's a tab at the end of the line.

Just reproduced it.

I have been requesting for years that "Tab" characters (like a little arrow) be made visible so that we can see where they are. It's pretty bad with standard text to find these. Maybe X9.