Saved Dimension Defaults

KellyD

Hello,

I am a new user...I have consulted my book, watched video uploads, but cannot find the answer to my question.....

When I open "Saved Dimension Defaults" the only option is "NKBA Dimension Defaults".  I do not have any of the others, such as "1/4" Scale Dimension Defaults" etc.  Also don't see how I can add it other that copy and format it myself.  Does anyone know if I can import these other defaults options?

Thanks so much in advance!!

Kelly

You could make a copy of NKBA and rename and edit it but I would call tech support in the morning and ask what happened to all of you default formats that are shown in my attachment with possibly the exception of Plot Plan Defaults that I created.  They should all come with X8 unless you managed to delete them some how.

post-4797-0-10243700-1475030110_thumb.jpg

Likely you used the NKBA plan template which only has those Dim Defaults. If you are using Premier you can import annotation sets from the Profile.plan template. If you have Interiors you either have to copy and edit the default OR open new plan using the profile.plan template and then copy everything you have to that. Likely safer and easier to add another default by copying.

• Upvote 1

You can develop your own dimension defaults as well - I have a set for each of the different types of plans, controlled through the Annotation Set menu, which can control both dimension defaults and layerset, current layer, etc. - I use one each for floor framing, wall framing, roof framing, finish, etc. so that depending on what I'm doing, everything is sorted as it should be. Hope this helps!