How to model this lintel and sill... note the casing

dshall

Does anybody know how to model this lintel and sill when I have a casing as shown.

Is the sill and lintel auto or do I need to add  psolids.  If I need to add psolids,  it  would be super if we has some control over the offset of the lintel and sill from casing.

post-50-0-45173200-1474736210_thumb.png

Here is a sample, You can create a shelf that might be better using a custom molding profile, I just used a rafter tail for mine

Thanks Perry,  but you did not include the casing.  Note light brown "casing/stucco" between the window and the shutter.

post-50-0-99569700-1474738251_thumb.png

Hi Guys,

I don't want to hijack this topic, but I do have a small problem.

When I try to view Perry's plan my chief X8 says it was completed in a newer version and would I like to update. So say yes and the Chief says I have the latest version.

But I have no problem opening Mark and Jon's plans.

My version is 18.3.1.2x64 dated June 23, 2016.

Question is this the latest version or is there a newer one that I for some reason can not download?

Thanks for any info and sorry for hijacking the topic.

Bill

When using the lintel and sill options in the window dbx, how do you offset either or both of those items? If there is a setting I can't seem to find it. I ran into this on a current project similar to Scott's and an OP from a recent thread who also wanted a custom lintel and sill. It would be nice to have more control over those items when they are custom.

Mike

The lintel is automatic in the window settings

looks like the  sill (not a real sill) is a mantle from the lib. But not automatic.

EDit it can be automatic if you use a molding profile

Perry, if Scott uses a molding profile like you suggest, will it apply returns on the ends like his needs (or if a crown-type molding is used)? Or are you saying he needs to use a molding line and apply the molding profile to it?

Mike

Perry, if Scott uses a molding profile like you suggest, will it apply returns on the ends like his needs (or if a crown-type molding is used)? Or are you saying he needs to use a molding line and apply the molding profile to it?

Mike

What I'm trying to say is, he can use a molding profile in the window DBX for the fake planter box, then it's automatic.