Can't get object eyedropper to "paint" exterior sill style?

Christina_Girerd

I'm trying to use the object eyedropper to "paint" an exterior window sill on a couple other windows.  I only want to copy the exterior sill style, so I clear the other properties in the "select properties to load" dbx, but I'm confused because the property "Exterior Sill Style" has "Use Default" listed under the Value column.  I have an exterior sill style selected from the library.  I don't want to use the default.  I must be missing something... 

I re-read the section in the Reference Manual, but didn't seem to find anything there.  I also opened up a new plan and did a quick test and noticed that on the test window, in which I changed the exterior sill style and sill extension, when I "painted" all the window properties (I didn't unselect anything) that the "painted" window took on the new exterior sill style, but did not take on the extension.  I also did some quick tests and adjusted a frame size and was able to only "paint" that to other windows, but for some reason my exterior sill style "painting" is not working as I would expect.  By now I could have done this manually, but I'd like to figure out what I'm doing wrong.  Thanks for any suggestions.

Also, I changed the exterior sill style in the window defaults, and was surprised that when I select a window and open the spec dbx, I do not have an option to "use default" for the exterior sill style - or for that matter, any of the other window components.  Just wondering why we don't have that option?  I don't want to reset the entire window to the default, because that would also change the size and type.  Seems to me it would be logical to be able to individually change any of the components to the defaults. 

Idk if this will help but you could multiselect the windows that you want to add the exterior silk to. Then open the dbx for the multi selected windows and add exterior sill. I know it's not exactly the route you were trying to take but as long as you get there.