DWG files stay in Color when sent to Layout with plan color toggled off.

CJGaracci

I have been on the phone forever with Chief. I have imported .dwg drawings from the Architecture firm I am working with, (Designer here) and I toggle the color off to send to layout after edit yet it comes up in color on the Layout.

They don't know how to fix that. Does anyone have any suggestions? It seems to be a bug ing all versions. I use X8 Interiors.

Thank you!!!!

Since you haven't received any responses I'll take a quick stab at it. Without seeing the plan file it's impossible to tell but here are my 3 best guesses...

You didn't actually import a DWG file, you imported a picture or a PDF and under Preferences you have "Display In Color Whenever Possible" checked.

OR

You sent to layout as "Current Screen As Image", you sent to layout while color was toggled ON in PLAN, under Preferences you have "Display In Color Whenever Possible" checked, and you tried to toggle color off AFTER you sent it.

OR

You simply need to toggle the color off in layout as well. Plan and layout have their own independent color toggles.

If none of those fix the problem and it truly IS some kind of bug, either:

A. Change the line color for all that line work to black.

B. If you need to retain the line colors for some reason, use the Match Properties tool to group select one line color at a time, put them onto unique layers, set the line color for those objects to be controlled by layer, and assign different colors to those layers in the appropriate layer set(s) (all those layers set to black for the layer set you're sending to layout).

Thanks for trying. Tried all three. If I turn of the layout color, it turns off the whole plan set. Logos renderings etc. become B&W. I did go through and change the layers by color and had some success.

Really appreciate the reply. Even the people at Chief see it as a problem. Sometimes we have to have drawings by others in our plan sets and this makes it difficult.

Best,

CJ Garacci