Need help finishing remodel plans for city of tustin, ca

Snafu2016

Hi,

I bought a copy of Home Designer Pro 2016 and can provide a file for a price quote and to modify if we choose to work with each other, I've think I'm about 99% complete based on my conversations with the City of Tustin's Building Department in California.  I need help filling in the things I can't figure out how to do in the software and what the building department will require for my remodel and then provide a file that I can get printed if you are not local.  it would also be nice for a little input if you feel I've missed something too because I'm sure I have not being a professional and this being my first attempt with the software.

Please be proficient with complete plans for approval within the State of California and better yet the City of Tustin so we don't have issues with the building department. 

Thanks

Snafu2016

Property Information and list.

1280 sqft, SFR, single story, 2 bed, 2 bath, 2 car garage

Walls:  (A) I plan to move one kitchen wall about six to twelve inches to give more room and allow for some appliances. (B)  I plan to add a pony wall to the master bath.  ©  I'm also looking at removing the none structural headers above three closets to make the openings flush with the ceilings so I can slide built ins in later.

Plumbing:  I plan to replace/upgrade with pexs and add a few outside faucets   Gas Lines:  Because I am moving one wall in the kitchen I will need to make a minor move of a gas line.  Plus I'm thinking of add a few natural gas connections elsewhere if possible.

Electrical:  I plan to upgrade the panel, replace wiring, and replace/add outlets, recessed lights, and a few ceiling fans.  I'll be adding a bathroom exhaust fans and a whole house fan.

Cabinets and Wall Units:  I plan to replace all cabinets and add a few wall units over time.

Doors:  I will be adding one door to a restroom that doesn't have one.  and am thinking of replacing all the other doors but don't know if that requires anything.

Insulation:  I plan to be adding rock-wool insulation

Drywall:  I will be replacing all the interior drywall

HVAC:   I plan to replace but I think I can leave those plans to the sub contractor to complete per the city

Roof:  I plan to replace but I think I can leave those plans to the sub contractor to complete per the city

Window:  I plan to have replacements put in but I can leave those plans to the sub contractor to complete per the city.

post-13137-0-07954100-1474585285_thumb.jpg

In Tustin you will need lots of Notes to go along with that, for all the energy codes,Title 24, CFL, LED etc. Would that be in the city or County, big difference. Also you will need the California Green code references on the plan. You may also need calculations from an engineer, unless the city is nice to you. Also you will need a waste and recycle plan, Check their website.

Some advice. Do not turn that plan in with that information on it (electrical). Put the electrical on a separate page as it will be easier to read the plan. You will need to provide an as built plan as well as a plan with all the changes.

Understood, I didn't play with the layering and just wanted to give an idea of what I've done in a print screen.  I'm sure if I had just showed the walls someone would have said I needed to complete the electrical etc., etc.  

Thanks for the input

In Tustin you will need lots of Notes to go along with that, for all the energy codes,Title 24, CFL, LED etc. Would that be in the city or County, big difference. Also you will need the California Green code references on the plan. You may also need calculations from an engineer, unless the city is nice to you. Also you will need a waste and recycle plan, Check their website.

Exactly, you nailed why I am here helping look for someone that could help me finish up.  The city started talking about all the notes and I knew I was in trouble.  LOL

I see a lot of problems:

1.  Door to Bath 2 is way too small

2.  Access to Garage is thru the Master Bath

a.  You would have to carry groceries thru the Mast Bath, Master Bedroom, Hall and Dining Room.

Is this an existing house? 

The plan just doesn't make sense - if that is anything near the current layout then you should consider a complete redesign.

• Upvote 1

Joe hit the nail on the head - and i agree with Javatom in that you are WAY further away from completion than 1%..   Your floor plan and elevations (non-notated) means you are more like 5-10% complete and 90% incomplete from having permittable construction documents (CD).

I believe Chief does the industry a disservice making people believe they can DIY for home design.

• Upvote 1

I see a lot of problems:

1.  Door to Bath 2 is way too small

2.  Access to Garage is thru the Master Bath

a.  You would have to carry groceries thru the Mast Bath, Master Bedroom, Hall and Dining Room.

Is this an existing house? 

The plan just doesn't make sense - if that is anything near the current layout then you should consider a complete redesign.

Yes it is an existing house and I'm not looking for a complete redesign because I'm ok with the floor plan.  Bath 2 is original and can't be changed unless a lot of walls are moved so I'm not looking to do that.  Thanks for the input, and feel free to contact me if you would like to help.

I'd like to help but , you won't like to pay my fees b/c I would have to re-draw it from scratch. I never use other peoples plans and finish them b/c they just don't draw like I do( too many problems) and it takes more time to fix than it would to just re-draw it. Sorry. I have done more than 250 jobs in your city over the years, codes change all the time. I haven't looked at your plan yet other than what you showed and not saying you didn't do a good job with your method, just figured you didn't want to pay much. And I am not cheap.

I'd like to help but , you won't like to pay my fees b/c I would have to re-draw it from scratch. I never use other peoples plans and finish them b/c they just don't draw like I do( too many problems) and it takes more time to fix than it would to just re-draw it. Sorry. I have done more than 250 jobs in your city over the years, codes change all the time. I haven't looked at your plan yet other than what you showed and not saying you didn't do a good job with your method, just figured you didn't want to pay much. And I am not cheap.

Just so others know, because I messaged you, I'm not trying to be cheap.  When I first went down to the city to get prepared on what would be required they said, "OH you don't have to do a lot, you can even just write/draw it out by hand and turn it in for what you are doing.  So instead of drawing it by hand I figured I would get Home Design and make it look better.  Took in my plans, multiple pages like some have suggest so it's not like my print screen, and they started talking about adding notes and graphs like Drawzilla stated above.  That's when I figured I would come on here and look for someone to help me.   Like I said, I'm not cheap but I do have a budget for my project, like most projects do, that I need to stay within.  I expect to pay a reasonable rate for the help I'm asking for and if that requires someone starting from scratch and just using mine as a guide well that might be the best way to go but who knows at this point until I get a few offers.    

Thank you for all your time and input.