As built floor plans for real estate listings

jmyers

I do lot of as-builts for contractors and home owners for plans for their remodels and additions. I don't think I have ever done one for a Realtor for any reason.

We have a service here in So. Cal. that provides the very basic floor plans for many of the tract style homes (and we have a lot of them).

The plans are taken from the brochures and such that builders used to hawk their models and tracts.

It costs about $7.00 a plan and I have used it a few times to do as-builts from.

Andy.

I do not think it would be worth while to do. Have you ever been to Redfin and taken a tour of a house online. I cannot remember off hand what the name of the technology they use but it is a specialized camera that takes panoramic pictures and stitches them into 360 deg. Almost all real eatate office are using it now days. Most people cannot envision a home from a 2D drawing.

That is a standard item for listing local to me. After the crash I did this a bit but it was too time consuming to do in CA for me if I have design work available. I was charging $125 main up to 2k s.f.. I would add more for complexities.

I have stopped doing it but get occasional calls for them. I have helped out a few when the house is too complex for the guy who does it locally. I actually just produced one last week for a buddy who noticed I had done the remodel drawinks for the house. That was pretty easy since the floor plan was done and I just hid the notes and changed the walls to a solid fill with one layer.

That is a standard item for listing local to me. After the crash I did this a bit but it was too time consuming to do in CA for me if I have design work available. I was charging $125 main up to 2k s.f.. I would add more for complexities.

I have stopped doing it but get occasional calls for them. I have helped out a few when the house is too complex for the guy who does it locally. I actually just produced one last week for a buddy who noticed I had done the remodel drawinks for the house. That was pretty easy since the floor plan was done and I just hid the notes and changed the walls to a solid fill with one layer.

What I do not understand is why every house does not come with an owner's manual which  would include a floor plan.  

I get an owner's manual with my $8.00 package of Triple AAA Batteries,

I get an owner's manual with my $80.00 Stanley Fat Max Tape,

I get an owner's manual with my $8,000.00 Vit-a-mix,  

why doesn't my $80,000.00 house come with an owner's manual?

why doesn't my $80,000.00 house come with an owner's manual?

Because the bank is the one who really owns the house, and they already know everything there is to know. (BTW, you left out a zero in the home price.)

But it's a good question. Actually, CalGreen DOES require an operations and maintenance manual now.

I do not think it would be worth while to do. Have you ever been to Redfin and taken a tour of a house online. I cannot remember off hand what the name of the technology they use but it is a specialized camera that takes panoramic pictures and stitches them into 360 deg. Almost all real eatate office are using it now days. Most people cannot envision a home from a 2D drawing.

Matterport is one 3D camera service for realtors.