Unifying Roof Ridge

ChiefShaunS

Hi,

I am having an issue in Chief X8 with roof ridges. I have a hip roof that the ridge is not connecting from 2 sections of the house resulting in a "dip" in the roof line (See the attached screen shots). I've tried playing with the roof planes and the slope but cannot get the ridges from each area to appear horizontal looking straight on. Some guidance or suggestions would be much appreciated. 

Thanks

Shaun

post-14022-0-55442800-1474571075_thumb.png

post-14022-0-95484000-1474571075_thumb.png

Sorry guys, attached is a plan, just had to strip it first.

I understand that I need to modify the slope or overhangs, but I can't seem to get Chief to reflect what I am trying to do. Adjusting the pull tabs on the planes themselves just ends in a mess of roofs going everywhere and trying to adjust the overhangs per wall doesn't seem to work. Hopeful someone has some experience in this.

House Plan R12 Stripped.plan

He (the original poster) asked how to straighten out the main ridge. I answered the question regardless of collateral considerations.

You either change your design of the exterior walls to produce a simpler roof geometry or you make the roof geometry conform to your fixed ideas of rightness.

DJP