stemwall height and no sill plate

DBearss

We typically use a 24" tall stem wall however when I build my foundation with default wall height set to 25-1/2" with sill plate selected, CA builds walls 40-5/8" tall. Easy enough to revise but why and where can that be set to 25-1/2" default?

Also cannot get any sill plates to build even though they are set to build in defaults.

Hightower_fndn rebuild.zip

post-11414-0-97137000-1474404790_thumb.png

post-11414-0-74646500-1474404799_thumb.png

Shane even if I go and delete foundation and revise foundation defaults to 25-1/2" it still builds to 40 5/8". This is very confusing. Am curious as to what you mean by a "ghost". Can I not go back and change default settings once I get to a certain point?

We typically use a 24" tall stem wall however when I build my foundation with default wall height set to 25-1/2" with sill plate selected, CA builds walls 40-5/8" tall. Easy enough to revise but why and where can that be set to 25-1/2" default?

Also cannot get any sill plates to build even though they are set to build in defaults.

You need to build floor framing, to generate mud sills ( and rim joists, as well as floor joists )

David wanted to know why his plan will not react to default settings, yes plan can be changed manually. BUT if defaults are changed, the rebuilt foundation should be new settings. David's plan does NOT, therefore it's a corrupt file or ????? David you should be able to do what your trying to do and I'm sure you have tested it on a new plan file and discovered defaults stick when changed.

David wanted to know why his plan will not react to default settings, yes plan can be changed manually. BUT if defaults are changed, the rebuilt foundation should be new settings. David's plan does NOT, therefore it's a corrupt file or ????? David you should be able to do what your trying to do and I'm sure you have tested it on a new plan file and discovered defaults stick when changed.

If you are talking to me,  my apologizies,  my answer was given before I opened plan.  

If we are communicating correctly,  I think I see the issue.  This is weird and something I first noticed a couple of weeks ago.

Let me see if I can explain it...  BTW.....   I can correct it quicker than I can explain the issue here....  but here is my observation.....

I think the stem wall height will follow the  default IF YOU ARE MAKING THE STEM WALL HEIGHTS TALLER...  however,  if you are making the stem wall shorter,  you must open the room and set them stem wall height manually  (not good).  If you have only  one room you are adjusting,  easy  peasy,  if there are multiple rooms that need to be adjusted,  it takes a bit longer because every room must be selected.

One of those things that is tough to explain and probably best to show the behavior in a GTM to ensure we are talking about the same thing.

I do not think it is a corrupt file,  but an inconsistent behavior by CA.

Thanks for the replies.

I have fiddled around a bit more and yes with a new file all works correctly. therefore this may as mentioned be a corrupt file. Will do a workaround to get sills in manually and pay closer attention to defaults in the future.