Computer Question

chief58

I have been having trouble with my computer lately shutting down at different times, sometimes it would run all day and sometimes it would just shutoff, my computer guy thought it might be the power supply so he ordered me a new one and I installed it today and it still shuts down, turned it on and it would shut down let it sit for a while and turn it on and it would run for about a half hour then shut down, let it sit and start and would run for about an hour, the power supply is a Corsair CX750M 750W MODULAR TYPE and still no difference, has anyone else had this problem them with there’s and knows what could be causing this.

Thank you 

I had this issue and it turned out my hard drive was going bad. But I'm no expert as to what your issue is. I would be going along minding my own business and POW! it would just shut right off like it was unplugged. Sent it to Asus and they sent it back with a new HD and said it had failed.

I agree with Perry in that I clean and vacuum my case and components at least once a month, not doing this can make your cooling system not function properly which leads to over heating which leads to hardware failures. You do not need to be a Geek to do that sort of maintenance, just read some articles on line FIRST to learn the basic procedures.

DJP

The crazy thing is after leaving it turned off all night I started it about 10:30 this morning for a meeting with clients at 11:00 am and it has been running since with no shutdowns ever since and I just checked it know, will try and see when it shuts down again, what a crazy thing when you need to get the work done, using this laptop is ok but I like the bigger screen and dual monitors

Could be CPU overheating. You need to look at windows event log, for  Microsoft-Windows-Kernel-Power.

Get something like HWMonitor  to see if CPU runs hot. Error could be driver related. In that case also check with the event log.

Thanks for the info I will give it a try