CAMERA NOT OPENING TO VIEW

Garreth

Hi all, any ideas why sometimes my camera does not switch to the view.

Screen hangs at the floor plan, everything else functions opening closing etc but cannot get access to the view.

This can also occur when clicking on the layout elevation from a previous plan.

I suspect this is a graphics issue but uncertain.

This does not right itself when closing chief X8 I have to reboot the computer!!

Any thoughts.....

I am using a DELL Latitude E6540

Intel i7 - 4610M CPU @ 3.00GHz

16gb RAM

64 bit Windows 7 OS

thanks Garreth

First Check that CA is using your proper graphics card and your Driver is up to date. Mine is attached and you may want to attach yours to your post.

If you suspect you might be overloading your Video Card you can download and monitor it with a fairly simple app: https://www.techpowerup.com/downloads/2794/techpowerup-gpu-z-v1-11-0

For next time this sort of problem should be posted in General Q&A and you can also include your computer specs, Video Card specs, and CA version in your signature in Profile Settings.

post-4797-0-65195500-1473924849_thumb.jpg

I have this same issue anytime I wake up a sleeping computer, to start into a design again. I figured it was a Chief software issue with their Mac version. I have a MacPro, which should be like taking a Ferrari to go check the mail with the amount of graphics I am demanding out of it. I rarely had this issue with the Windows version.

• 2 weeks later...
  • 2 weeks later...