Scene Crash

shanecarman

I have a suite I am hoping to copy and duplicate multiple times in my plan.  Every time I try to paste the room after being copied, the program crashes.  

The most recent time it crashed an error message appeared first and I have it pasted below.  I have a MAC OS X EL CAPITAN.

/Users/autobuild/p4sync/dev/Releases/18/chief/CACommon/GeneralUtils/OSXUtil.mm(38): Warning #272000009

"A serious error occurred (SEH). Please contact Chief Architect Technical Support with steps to reproduce.

"

09/14/2016 07:25:29 PM

Build: 18.3.1.2OSX

The plan is currently just a hotel suite that I would like to copy multiple times to turn into a small inn.  I would appreciate any advice.  

I also attached a PDF file of the text contained within the error report generated by the MAC computer that appears once the program crashes.

Thank you!

Family Ranch Lodge - Ocean or Lake views.plan.zip

Chief Architect Crash Report.pdf

Try it AFTER you have turned off "Auto Rebuild Roofs". I have never had a crash when doing the same thing you are doing so you must be doing it in a way that crashes the software. Start by turning off Auto Roofs and then try again. You should then use the "Edit Area All Floors" to do as you wish, I would not recommend "marquee select" in the case of multiple floors.

There is probably nothing wrong with your software, the problem is resident in the method and manner you chose to use.

DJP

Try it AFTER you have turned off "Auto Rebuild Roofs". I have never had a crash when doing the same thing you are doing so you must be doing it in a way that crashes the software. Start by turning off Auto Roofs and then try again. You should then use the "Edit Area All Floors" to do as you wish, I would not recommend "marquee select" in the case of multiple floors.n

There is probably nothing wrong with your software, the problem is resident in the method and manner you chose to use.

DJP

Thanks for the advice.  I appreciate your support.

I turned off the auto roofs and pasted the copied room.  I stayed on the screen for a few seconds longer than it did but then still crashed the program.  I forgot to attach the file in the post.  The plan is currently just a hotel suite that I would like to copy multiple times to turn into a small inn.  I would appreciate any advice.  

I also attached a PDF file of the text contained within the error report generated by the MAC computer that appears once the program crashes.

Thank you!

Family Ranch Lodge - Ocean or Lake views.plan.zip

Chief Architect Crash Report.pdf

Yes, report this to tech support on Monday.

Basically, the program is crashing but recovering (that is what the error message means).  It may be the result of a system problem or something that you are doing that is not common but either way we would like to know about it.  You should always report these types of problems to tech support so that we can make changes to the program to prevent this from happening in the future.  Also, tech support can usually find a solution for you to avoid this problem for now.

• Upvote 1

Yes, report this to tech support on Monday.

Basically, the program is crashing but recovering (that is what the error message means).  It may be the result of a system problem or something that you are doing that is not common but either way we would like to know about it.  You should always report these types of problems to tech support so that we can make changes to the program to prevent this from happening in the future.  Also, tech support can usually find a solution for you to avoid this problem for now.

Thank you!