Raytrace glitch?

Designer1

Hi,

Im currently using X7 and for some reason one of my plans (so I know its my plan not the software) all the polished stainless steel in my raytrace is appearing completely black, like shiny black automobile paint not at all looking like stainless steel.  Does anyone know why this is occuring and what selection I must be missing on the raytrace tab to be causing this to happen?

Thank you!

Chad

PS.  I closed the window before saving the raytrace and Id do another but since theres some kind of glitch it literally took almost 15 minutes just for it to appear on the screen from the checkerboard background. Thanks!

Thanks for the reply.  Ive come to the conclusion that theres a bug in the file.  Im just going to do some patch work to get it to look its best and be glad to be almost done with it!  I looked at the other successful raytraces in other files and they have the same exact materials and settings, so I know theres something wrong with the file.  I did switch the texture to polish as it was on of the very few that werent the black shiny paint looking material that all the other ones seemed to be.

Thanks again!

Thanks guys for all the input.  I am completing all my other plans and the renderings are fine, so its probably just that one plan.  I will go back make adjustments to the materials, make sure I have the photon mapping on and hope that it works the next round.

Thanks again for all the advice!