Does Chief Architect have the capability to do this level of shape and rendering?

ajrare

A solid with a curve in one or two directions is not a big problem. I have done this sort of thing with solid subtraction. What I see in that image is a shape that appears to be a hyperbolic paraboloid. Yusuf will likely prove me wrong but I don't think we can make a hyperbolic paraboloid in CA. Also, I got to use the term "hyperbolic paraboloid" in a sentence and so I get extra credit in my architectural dweeb account.

• Upvote 1

Alan,  Where did you see the Hyperbolic Paraboloid?   And were you eating Pringles at the time?  All I see is some Polyline Solids with holes and arches in them with another polyline solid sitting on top with an oddly shaped hole. I can only see straight lines where the walls join the roof.

post-4797-0-24958200-1473645491_thumb.jpg

Not quite sure what you are all seeing but with about 10 extra minutes I added the other wall and the Roof.  Not quite perfect and not engineered but proof of concept?  The hole in the polyline solid roof is an advanced spline polyline set to  a 1o segment angle.  

post-4797-0-18911100-1473650800_thumb.jpg