Is ChiefArchitect useful in Brazil?

MosbiusDesign

Hello my dear designers.

I discovered about chief architect yesterday and I found it very interesting. The program seems very easy to use and the drawings are very accurate and reliable, way easier than revit!

The sad part is that Chief Architect is very very Unknown and unfamiliar in brazil, I have never heard about it.

But my question is: Is chiefarchitect useful In brazil? We have many different " rules " when it comes to architectural plans. We use metric system, our floor plans need specific details and so on, Everything seems to need some adjustments. Is it possible to adjust these kind of things? Everything would be so much easier with a portuguese language support!

Thanks for reading!

I have a Nephew in Brazil, they do not build residences like we do here, some have tree limbs as rafters, tough to model, but I'm sure it can work. I designed a home for him and asked him about codes, he said what codes. walls -block, water well, no electrical, outhouse, roof -who cares, sinks drain to outside, just build on the fly. I'm sure the closer you get to civilization it gets better. He does not live anywhere near any good size city.

Perry, the homes in Brazilian cities are very well designed, generally by architects. They are very strict on codes and proper sealed drawings. Very similar, I would think, to California's requirements.

Their construction techniques are different to North American standards but the wall system could easily be built into Chief. The translation issue would be the hardest to work around.